Rice is India’s favourite food. We incorporate it everywhere be it lunch or dinner and sometimes even in breakfasts. But in these busy lives, we also have to see a healthy point in everything we eat. So, here comes this recipe to make sure you get your rice along with healthy spinach.
2 Cups of Spinach – chopped
1 Cup of Boiled Corn
3 Cups of Cooked Rice – can use old overnight cooked rice as well
1 Onion – Finely Sliced
4-5 Garlic Pods
1 Green Chilli – Finely Sliced
1 tsp Cumin seeds
4 tbsp Oil
Salt to taste
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Sautee for a few seconds.
- Add chopped garlic and green chilli. Sautee for a minute
- To the above, add chopped spinach and mix on a low flame until the leaves shrink.
- Put it off the flame and let it cool at room temperature.
- Once cool, make a fine spinach paste in the mixer.
- Heat 2tbsp of oil in the saucepan, saute sliced onions till burn brown.
- Add corn and cook it for a minute
- Further, add the spinach paste along with salt. Stir on low flame till the moisture evaporates
- Add cooked rice and mix all the contents well
- Serve hot along with raita of your choice.
That’s all folks!
Do Drop in the comments section any queries and your experience.